December 26, 2009

THOUGHTS: Of cheese and pie

By Kara

A conversation with my grandfather, during round two of my family's Christmas pie extravaganza:

Grandpa, unsolicited, with no prior knowledge of any cheese blog: "You know, Kara, you're not a real pie eater until you have it with a slice of cheese."

Kara, apparently still a pie novice, having recently consumed several cheeseless slices: "Mm, you've mentioned this before..."

Grandpa: "Here, I have an extra piece, just try it."

Grandma: "But she has butterscotch pie! It should be with apple."

Grandpa: "Well, it's good with butterscotch, too. I have it with butterscotch."

Kara, biting into white cheddar after a bite of pie: "Actually, it is pretty good with butterscotch!"

Grandpa, never missing a beat: "A pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze!"

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blog...and really love the Christmas pie and cheese anecdote! By the way, have you checked out Port Salut? It was one of my favorites when I was in France...

    ReplyDelete