January 26, 2010

LINKS: Recalled Cheese Balls!


By Erica


I hear that in some places in this country a "cheese ball" is a popular treat around the holiday season. I have never had one. Call me an elitist, but I hope I never do. As much as I love cheese, there are some forms of cheese that should be avoided, and this, along with Cheese Wiz, is one of them. I'm sorry. It just seems gross.

Thus, I was not saddened to hear that the Wisconsin Cheeseman has recalled its cheese balls and some other products due to contamination by Listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that, if ingested, can lead to nausea, fever, headaches and other such symptoms.

FYI, here is a list of products that have been recalled.

The Wisconsin Cheeseman® Food Gifts Impacted by Recall:
Sausage 'N Cheese Logs – Gift #11
Cheese Logs & Cutting Board – Gift #87
Smorgasbord – Gift #325
Cheese Log Trio – Gift #365
Cheese Logs – Gift #411
Cheese Ball Trio – Gift #441
Cheese Logs – Gift #509
Snacker Pack – Gift #751
Cheese Balls & Sausages – Gift #876

(Good Riddance!)

1 comment:

  1. Don't be snobby! Don't knock it till you've tried it! They are delicious! DO YOU SEE ALL THE EXCLAMATION POINTS???!!!!!

    I think you and Kara should have a Cheese Ball where you invite over all your sophisticated friends (like me and Will) and they must all bring a cheese to share and we can dress up and you can shoot blog-video

    ReplyDelete